Publishedduration7 JulyshareSharenocloseShare pagelinkCopy linkAbout sharingimage copyrightBoohoo
Three major online retailers have dropped fast fashion brand Boohoo over allegations of low pay and unsafe conditions at a supplier's factories.
Next dropped Boohoo clothes from its websites last week, while Asos and Zalando followed suit on Tuesday.
This follows a Sunday Times report claiming workers at a Leicester factory were paid £3.50 an hour, while being offered no protection from coronavirus.
Boohoo said if the reports were true, conditions were "totally unacceptable".
The company, which also owns the Nasty Gal and PrettyLittleThing brands, has denied any responsibility but said it would "thoroughly investigate" the claims.
In a statement it said: "We will not hesitate to immediately terminate relationships with any supplier who is found not to be acting within both the letter and spirit of our supplier code of conduct."
The fast fashion retailer declined to comment on the moves made by Next, Asos and Zalando.
Boohoo's shares fell a further 12% on Tuesday after a 16% slump the day before, following the publication of the allegations in the Sunday Times.
Boohoo was already under fire after Labour Behind the Label, a workers' rights group, claimed that some employees at factories in Leicester that supply the fast fashion firm were "being forced to come into work while sick with Covid-19".
At the time Boohoo said it would "not tolerate any incidence of non-compliance especially in relation to the treatment of workers within our supply chain".